2019 was a great year for the LaRC Tabletop RPG Club, first and foremost because we began to exist. Thanks to all the peeps who contributed planning hours, personal seed funds, and the critical enthusiasm required to get this club off the ground.
The Club ended the year with 16 members, with attendance at most General Sessions in the 20’s. Member dues have been used to purchase new common gaming equipment, such as sourcebooks/rulebooks, dice, and new games for the Club Library such as the Fate Core System, Coffee Detective, and Dread.
We ran four teaching sessions of DnD 5e, and learner campaigns of Star Wars: Edge of the Empire and Call of Cthulu. In addition, ongoing campaigns are in progress (or recently completed) of DnD 5e: Lost Mines of Phandelver, DnD 5e: Descent into Avernus, and Pathfinder 2e. Finally, at each general session we had several players for a medley of various and hilarious one-shot, rules-light RPGs such as Everyone is John.
Our goals for this year include:
- continue to expand membership and engagement
- streamline our system for tracking and planning future ongoing campaigns
- hold more member events such as socials or coordinated trips to Sci-Fi and gaming conventions
- continue to have fun!
We hope to see you at one of our General Sessions or events!
We are pleased to report that Ye Honorable Guild of Tabletop Roleplaying Gamers of NASA Langley Research Center in Solidarity Freely Assembled (also known as the LaRC Tabletop RPG Club) has officially been created! This week, we received formal approval from the NASA Langley Office of Chief Counsel and the Langley Exchange Activities Council to join the many existing sports and clubs available to the employees, contractors, families, and guests of our workplace.
Learn more about the Club and Membership!
Our Articles of Constitution were formally adopted on August 13, 2019 by unanimous vote of those present, and the following officers elected to terms of no more than one year:
- Nalin A. Ratnayake, High Chieftain
- Jason T. Kirk, First Mate
- Matt A. Simon, Chancellor of the Exchequer
- TJ Wignall, Lord/Lady of Games
Our first general meeting has been tentatively set for Wednesday, September 4th at 5pm in the NASA Langley Cafeteria. We will have some sort of sign! Details to follow soon.
The Small Council is seeking officer candidates for the following appointed positions:
- Starship Captain for Propaganda – lead a committee for developing advertising, recruiting, banners/flags, etc
- Starship Captain for Game Master Support – lead a committee for developing and maintaining resources / discussion / events for those who run RPG games, including those wanting to learn
- Starship Captain for Entry-Level Experience – lead a committee for developing entry-level quick adventures, ready-to-play characters, one-page quickstart guides for games, etc
Please reach out to any of the officers above by looking us up in the NASA Langley employee directory, or if external please contact: info at larctabletoprpg dot club.